Hi! My name is Lori. Welcome to my Fall Blog for EDIT 760. I am super excited to learn lots of new ways to integrate technology into learning. This Fall, my school district will be 100% virtual. It is up to me to find ways to make my lessons engaging, fun, and informational. I must also take into account the special needs of all of my students and realize that many are struggling with online learning.
This is the bitmoji I have created of myself to use in my virtual classroom! I can't wait to introduce my students to this fun way of accessing links to activities. Here is an activity choice they will get to try:
If my students want to try learning new jump rope skills, they may be interested in following this link to a great website:
I love your bitmoji, Lori! Have you experimented with bitmoji classrooms? (is it permitted in FCPS?) One of our graduates who teaches 9th grade Math spent the entire summer crafting her bitmoji classroom, only to have her principal ban bitmoji classrooms. The principal said that bitmoji was fine for elementary classrooms, but not appropriate for HS. According to Common Sense Media, bitmoji is rated for ages 13+. I sent our graduate several articles about how libraries and colleges are incorporating bitmoji classroom. Affordance analysis was to play a big role in her argument.
ReplyDeleteI love the videos you posted! These give me ideas as to what kinds of resources you have curated for your students. Yes, these are going to enhance your virtual learning practice, but also, you can use them in the blended and in-person environments you have considered over these last three semesters.
The jump rope video is an excellent "How to" example. As I was watching it, I thought, "I"m learning so much! Who knew there was so much technique involved and how necessary good jump roping technique is to jump roping as a physical fitness exercise. I found myself analyzing the elements that made this a good video :) Remember, our DDLS video, How To Make a Video and the video process? I evaluated the video on those components of the process. You can do the same with your students. Teach the video process (did I have that video available online? or did we watch it in class?---I'll have to check), have students evaluate the video, then engage them in the process of developing their own How to video
I do have a bitmoji classroom set up and I am pretty sure my students will find it a fun way to access the links to the activities I have in mind for our lessons.
ReplyDeleteSo now we are into week 3 of virtual learning. How are the kids responding to your bitmojis?
ReplyDelete